There are so many fun and simple ways to enrich your dog's life. Here is a list of 5 simple things you can do:
- 1Go for a long daily dog walk (and try not to be on your phone). This is great for the both of you. It’s time away from all the hustle and bustle of life and can be meditative for you, and most thrive on exercise (and tend to need more than they get). Try to make this a habit, as it's so beneficial to both you and your dog.
- 2Invest in a couple of dog puzzles. Dog puzzles are a great way to help keep your pup's mind active and young. You can find a dog puzzle by searching Chewy.com. They have great products and super fast delivery.
- 3Go for an adventure. Dogs are the most spontaneous and playful creatures and they crave going on adventures with their people. Bring some essentials like water, pet first aid kit, towel and anything else that will help you. As an added bonus, roll down your car window a little bit on the ride!
- 4Play fetch or another fun game. There are so many games you can create and teach your dog. Google dog tricks or games and pick your favorite to teach your fur baby. Then you will both have a special bond with a special game.
- 5Cuddle. Cuddling is so healthy for all of us. It reduces stress, anxiety and even depression. So get your cuddle on with your pup on the couch before bed or after that late night book or TV. You will be so glad you did.
This is just the tip of the iceberg. Get creative! And, most importantly, just go have fun with your dog. They love nothing more than spending quality time with you.